Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What is the best solution to my hair loss?

I have been pondering what to do about my hair loss for a while now. Within probably the last year to year and a half I have noticed thinning of my hair in the front part of my head behind my hair line. It is most prominent in the front, but seems to be slowly thinning as you move toward the back of my head. My hairline isnt receeding, and my dad doesnt have much hair loss at 60 and i really dont know of anyone in my family with hair loss. I am 23 and have went to a dermatologist. I believe she prescribed a drug propecia, whatever drug that has a side effect of temporary impetency in some, and rogaine. I am quite apprehensive on doing either and i really dont know what to do. Both i hear you have to take for the rest of your life, and if you stop at all, the results stop. The hair loss isnt that noticable to others yet, and i want to act now and stop this while i can. My hair cutter said i have had a spot there for some years now, but i never noticed it. Any help would be great.What is the best solution to my hair loss?
Why do you think that losing your hair is a BAD thing? The media has you brainwashed. Baldness is awesome. Two words. Patrick Stewart. No woman could refuse him!





The gene comes from your mom's side of the family. Look at her father.





Did you know that hair loss is the result of TOO MUCH testosterone? Yeah, you're more of a man than those furry headed guys.





Bald heads are warm and smooth and beautiful. Don't let the media tell you that you're not gorgeous, I'm sure you are! Your hairdresser can help you out for years, making the most of this, keeping you away from the dreaded comb-over etc. Embrace it! Bald is SO HOT!What is the best solution to my hair loss?
Go to your local Vitamin Shoppe or GNC and get some Folic Acid. 1mg per day helps with hair loss.
There's only two drugs clinically tested and FDA approved : Minoxidil (Rogaine and other brands) and Propecia (Proscar, Finasteride, etc.), there are some interesting drugs too like Dutasteride or Follica but there aren't enough studies yet.





If you're into natural stuff, the only one that might be helpful is Saw Palmeto (there are capsules for sale in natural shops) because it contains anti androgens similar to the ones found on Propecia.





Quite frankly all the other stuff are either placebos or scams.

No comments:

Post a Comment