Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What kind of doctor deals w/hair loss?

My aunt was put on a certain medication %26amp; now her hair is thinning %26amp; will not grow. It has been the same length for 2 years now. She's tried taking vitamins, but they don't seem to help either. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!What kind of doctor deals w/hair loss?
I had a similar problem a while back in that my hair became very thin after taking steroids for a skin problem.


I used alot of different products so I cant say in particular which one helped most or maybe it was the fact I just came off the medication but one website I found particularly help full was http://www.hairrestorationdaily.com/


It has alot of articles on it all about hair loss treatments and medications.


Hope this helps because I know how stressed it made me (which can also be part of the problem)


Anyways best of luck!!What kind of doctor deals w/hair loss?
A family practitioner can get you started on the right track.


Hair loss can be caused by many things, like a problem with your thyroid. Your Dr. will order a bunch of tests to find the root of the problem, to the hair loss. Once the problem is discovered, you will be referred to a doctor that specializes in that area.





However, if it is caused by the medication - the only way to get your hair back to normal is to change medications if possible.





I was on Wellbutrin and my hair fell out so much it was scary. I was very upset. It took 6 months after I stopped taking Wellbutrin, for it to get out of my system, and my hair to return to normal.
Medicines can have different affect on each person, talk to your doctor about what she is taking, if the side effect is one she is really concerned about see what else can they give her, otherwise, besides vitamins, look for stimulates for hair and scalp growth.
You don't need a doctor. Check a link
A dermatologist.
go to a doc. that is a pro in hair loss

No comments:

Post a Comment